Things I Loved About Europe
We're back in the good ole US of A and I wanted to write this while it's still fresh in my head
- •Waiters not bugging you during mealsActually having to ask for the bill was kind of delightful
- •Clean bathrooms (for the most part)Probably because we had to pay to use them, but most of them were so clean (except Roma's Termini station, ew)
- •Amazing public transportationSeriously, we oohed and aahed in most cities. It was so easy getting everywhere!
- •Beer being acceptable at almost every mealBeer with breakfast? Sure. A few liters during your three hour dinner? Why the hell not.
- •Cars actually yield for pedestriansThe roads in Europe were definitely crazy, but I'll be damned if people didn't slam on the brakes for pedestrians and obey crosswalk rules. Delightful.
- •Colorful moneySo pretty!
- •People-watchingOh man, I felt like I didn't have enough eyes to see everything
- •Magnificent old churches
- •Cool doors
- •Gorgeous floors
- •More locally-owned shops and restaurants vs. chainsNo disrespect to chains, there are ones I love, but it was so cool to me to see SO many restaurants and not a single Taco Bell or something.