THIS SCHOOL YEAR WAS HARD
This is my last year in public education (for now). Here's why.
- •6th grader brought a gun to school
- •7th graders sexually harassed one of our teachers online for 3 weeksTheir punishment was a 10 day suspension. Still no apology letter. Bystanders not punished.
- •Colleague was fired for inappropriate interactions with studentsNot sexual, but severely culturally insensitive
- •Severe medical trauma for one of my 6th gradersI cannot share what happened but I'll just say that short of death or cancer, this is the worst thing that could happen to a child
- •I taught 180+ students/my smallest class was 33 students with no help from support staff, our ELL teacher, or our SPED teacher