AWESOMEST THINGS ABOUT NEARING 50
Not a sarcastic list. Please contribute, my oldish listers.
- •You confidently send things back at restaurantsLife is just TOO short
- •Cleavage is no longer embarrassingIf my boobs look good I am presenting
- •60 now seems "old," so you can tell anyone your ageI am 49, y'all.
- •Clear skinIf I get a zit nowadays, I broke some kind of rule to get it, like rubbing chocolate in my face; otherwise I am clear as can be. This was not always the (bacne) case.
- •No longer feel the need to finish boring booksMust make time for the best stuff, like "The Girl in Cabin 10." (Thank me later.)
- •Trends not temptingBeen there, seen that
- •When you speak with authority, you have some
- •When people don't like you, you can shrug it offTheir loss.
- •You appreciate how damn cute you were in high school
- •Not having to prove yourself capable.One benefit of experience is knowing what you can & can't do.Suggested by @MichaelRose
- •I feel so confident and unafraid and capable. I know I can handle anything.Suggested by @clairewentthere
- •Job ExpertiseI can envision a projects successes and failures from day one. The tough part is convincing others I am right.Suggested by @PassiveAggressor
- •Technology is awesome, but it's nice to remember life & skills from before it, in times of emergency or when it's not available.I can still read a paper map, find information without google, and entertain myself without wifi!Suggested by @jhope71
- •I can be open about disliking little kids because I don't have to be friends with their parents.Suggested by @joelscorp
- •I can order whatever I want in a diner and not have anyone think it's either too fancy or too juvenile.Suggested by @joelscorp
- •You're no longer expected or required to have to have birthday parties if you don't want to.I just turned 50 last week, and instead of having a party I just took some very close friends to an "escape room" and an outdoor puzzle hunt. Was going to have a party but then decided I just couldn't be arsed to organize it so didn't—and felt good about it!
- •"History" with people you love-your own stories, shorthand, inside jokes that go back decades. BTW, I just turned 50!Suggested by @MaddyandOwensMom