(MOSTLY INTANGIBLE) THINGS I GENUINELY APPRECIATE ABOUT MYSELF
Cause we spend too much time focusing on the negative, folks. If you read this please make your own version!
- •Ability to sleep through the nightI appreciate my good fortune here. Thinking about this was the seed for this list.
- •Responsive witI cannot tell a joke to save my life, but I can be quite funny in response to other people.
- •Poor long-term memoryMeans I don't remember trauma. Makes me very forgiving and optimistic.
- •Glass half full outlookI've had a very fortunate life but it also helps that I am a very bright-side type person.
- •I don't care about things being tidy or clean that muchI said it was things *I* appreciate. Others maybe not so much!
- •Ability to kick it into high gear when under deadlineHelped a lot when I was a student.
- •Proofreading/wordsmithing skillsHas given me a career--and also helps with number and word puzzles (and feeling superior to others on occasion--mostly sign writers who can't use apostrophes--but we all have different gifts!)
- •Lack of ambition/driveI'm spinning this as a positive since it means I'm happy pretty much anywhere.
- •BrainstormingI am excellent at brainstorming or leading brainstorming sessions. I've been told I'm good at meetings, too, though I rarely lead them (see "ambition" above).
- •Character actor/celebrity recognition abilityGood party trick and helps at trivia nights. I know the difference between Peter Sarsgaard and Stellan Skarsgard, for instance.