WHAT I ASSOCIATE WITH LOS ANGELES
I have been to Los Angeles for a total of 7 days in my life. This list is based off of my limited experience.
- •Tiny citiesI thought LA was this huge metropolis, but when I was there it felt like neighborhood after neighborhood and I kept waiting for it to amount to something greater. What is the climax of LA???
- •ValeroWhat is this? These do not exist in the NW, but I liked these gas stations.
- •Where is the beach?No matter how hard I drove, it felt like there was some force field preventing me from getting to the beach. LA had been promoted to me as a beach city, but it felt barely emphasized.
- •The airport evokes argumentsHave been through LAX multiple times and I've always gotten into an argument with someone I was traveling with. That said, some good memories at the rental car agency.
- •Food poisoning at the Staples CenterGot food poisoning at a Lakers game while wearing a Blazers jersey. Herds of drunk Lakers fans ridiculed me as I hurled in a bathroom for hours.
- •The Los Angeles TimesDuring one of my short visits at age 8 I found out that New York was not the only city with a "times" newspaper. This was mind-blowing for some reason.
- •Coffee?Where is there good coffee in LA? I went to a few places in Silver Lake but didn't love them.
- •The Los Angeles River...What's the story here?
- •ObservatoryOne of my favorite places I visited. The whipping wind made me feel like I was in the fucking sky.
- •Feeling okay aloneGood city to visit to get over a breakup.
- •SunsetsLos Angeles feels like an eternal sunset. This makes me feel like I'm simultaneously creating and experiencing nostalgia. It's a beautiful place.