FICTIONAL CHARACTERS THAT HAD A PERSONAL IMPACT ON ME
I will add to this as I inevitably think of more.
- •Lorelai GilmoreI've admitted this to a few but I actually chose my major in college because I wanted to work in hospitality because of Lorelai being a boss ass bitch as an Inn manager/owner. I have a coffee, music, movie, and pop culture addition thanks to this beautiful, intelligent character.
- •Jessie SpanoAs a child I loved how smart and audacious Jessie was. I'm fairly certain I became a profound feminist thanks to her.
- •George BaileyAlways putting other before himself. I have always tried to model his behavior.
- •Kat StratfordIf you know me at all this one doesn't need explaining.
- •Jesse and CelineBefore Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight have two of the best written characters. The love story that unfolds is tragically imperfect.
- •Seth CohenAllowed me to feel hip in high school when I listened to Death Cab and The Strokes. The perfect sarcastic, spoiled nerd of the early 2000's.
- •Paris GellerI loved how powerful and strong Paris is. She never cared about what anyone thought. Her moments of weakness that peak through are my favorite moments with her.
- •Lloyd DobblerThe hopeless romantic, forever sweet and endearing, coming of age man.
- •Marshall EriksonEverything you could want in a man. Funny, kind, chubby, caring, and passionate.
- •Lester BurnhamThe most hauntingly beautiful roles. I love how he doesn't want to settle for an mundane average life and decides to completely turn it around.
- •Vada SultenfussIntelligent and strong at such a young age. I always wished I was that cool and collected even at 24.
- •Leslie KnopeAmbitious and persistent and loving of all. She's literally the most perfect woman. Knope for president!