Describe the year you were born without using numbers
- •Chinese farmers discover the Terracotta Army near Xi'an, clay warrior statues buried to guard the tomb of China's first emperor, Qin Shi Huang.
- •Ayatollah Khomeini calls for an Islamic Republic in Iran.
- •India explodes an atomic bomb.
- •President Richard Nixon resigns from office.
- •The Rumble in the Jungle takes place in Kinshasa, Zaire.Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman
- •Most complete early human skeleton, christened Lucy, discovered in Ethiopia.
- •Faye Dunaway marries Peter Wolf.
- •Elizabeth Taylor divorces Richard Burton.