Podcasts I'm currently into
All podcasts on this list are available in the Google Play store, as well as iTunes.
- •LoreIf you love creepy stories about ghosts and otherworldly experiences, you should listen to this podcast. I'm currently about halfway through the available episodes and so far, the one that freaked me out the most is episode 15, "Unboxed".
- •The Strange and UnusualThis one is about true incidents, with each episode centered on a theme. Lots of murder and mayhem, with folklore, legends, and superstition.
- •In the DarkThis one examines the kidnapping and murder of Jacob Wetterling, which was unsolved for 27 years, with a specific focus on how the case was mishandled. Interview segments with some of the major players give insight into what was going on.
- •Up and VanishedThis podcast examines the missing persons case of Tara Grinstead, a teacher from a small town in Georgia who disappeared over 10 years ago. To date, she is still missing and is presumed dead. I recently stopped this one because it's getting too conspiracy theory for me.
- •UnconcludedExamines the 2006 disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. To date, there are no real leads and Jennifer is still missing. I stopped listening recently because it just keeps rehashing the same things over and over.
- •The Black TapesThis one is a serialized docudrama that takes on strange phenomena. It's rather creepy. There are elements of the Slenderman story in this, which makes it even creepier.
- •Drunk MeHilarious podcast about the strange things people have purchased while intoxicated.
- •RabbitsSerialized docudrama from the producers of The Black Tapes. Rabbits is about a game that isn't acknowledged as existing, and one woman's search for her missing friend who may have been playing the game. No one knows when it started, only how many modern iterations there have been (the current game is the ninth iteration).
- •AccusedJust started listening to this one. It's about an unsolved murder in which the wrong person was charged, and after he was acquitted, the police never pursued any other suspects. A reporter with the Cincinnati Inquirer is pursuing leads in this cold case.
- •Stories We'd Tell in BarsPodcast from author Jen Lancaster. Not sure how I feel about this one yet.