Just some easy reads I read this spring/summer/fall.
- •Why Not Me by @mindyI couldn't wait for this to come out and I read it in two days. Her style of writing makes her voice come out of the pages and it's just you and Min hanging out eating McDonalds fries.
- •The Martian by Andy WeirI loved reading about all the science and math that this witty botanist needed to complete in order to survive being stranded on Mars. The excitement and anxiety to get him home kept me up at night reading just to see if he'd make it. I saw the movie and it was FANTASTIC
- •The Family Fang by Kevin WilsonI actually re-read this book again because I loved it so much.
- •Me Before You by Jojo MoyesBasically just read anything she writes. This book brought up lots of hot topics in my book club about life and death and the "what if" question about what would you do if you,or a loved one, suffered an injury that made your quality of life unbearable? I cried so hard at the end... It hurt so good
- •Modern Romance by Aziz AnsariOk so I cheated and I listened to the audiobook. But it was so much fun to listen to Aziz read. The book made me excited/terrified to date, but also really made me crave Ramen
- •Hyperbole and a Half by Allie BroshBased on her blog. It was funny and also heartfelt, as she talked about depression. The book is written in the style of a comic strip (?)
- •Fun Home by Alison BechdelThis was the first graphic novel that I've ever read and I Loved it! True story about a lesbian cartoonist who discovered that her dad was gay and then he killed himself. Not super light, but there was some funny parts. I even saw the broadway musical in May and laughed many times and then ugly-cried while sitting in the front row.