HOW WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE EXPECT THIS CONVERSATION TO GO
my life choices & possible future regrets are none of your business
- •Way too many people: 'You cut your dad out of your life forever? But someday you might regret that!'
- •Me: 'OMG I MIGHT???!?!?!??!?? That has literally never once occurred to me!! This was a totally arbitrary decision I made on a whim and definitely not something I spent years agonizing over before coming to the painful conclusion that this is the healthiest choice for me.
- •THANK YOU, KIND SOUL, FOR SHOWING ME THE ERROR OF MY WAYS!!! I will never have any regrets now thanks to you and your assumption that I never consider the possible consequences of my life-altering decisions!!!!'
- •Real talk: Yeah, someday I might regret it. But I'm not gonna spend the next 20+ years in an unhealthy & emotionally abusive relationship on the off-chance that I might regret NOT having that relationship when I'm 50. Because guess what? I have thought this through.
- •& even if I hadn't: I don't have to justify my life choices to you.