THAT TIME WHEN I WAS SIX & CONVINCED I WAS GOING TO DIE
Here, have a random story from my life.
- •I don't know why.
- •I just, as I explained seriously to my mother, had a FEELING.
- •My sisters & I were going to visit our grandparents in Arizona & I was absolutely convinced that I would never return.
- •Not because I thought anything bad would happen.I didn't like my grandparents, but it's not like I thought they were going to murder me. & I had never flown before, but I wasn't afraid of flying either.
- •But I KNEW I was going to just like, die in my sleep while I was there.
- •I was so convinced I was going to die, I actually wrote a Last Will & TestamentIt was basically just 'my sisters can divide my 90 Pound Puppies between them & then @nelle can have my living, breathing puppy'.
- •I remember sitting in my mom's room the day before we left, playing backgammon & being like, 'Well, this is probably the last time we'll ever get to play this together.'
- •My mom said, 'I hope not. Oh look, double sixes!'
- •The next day we went to the airport & I was like, 'Goodbye forever, Mom, never forget me!' & my mom was like, 'Okay, see you in a week.'
- •In a shocking twist everyone saw coming, I did not die in Arizona, & my mom did, in fact, see me a week later when she met us at the gate at the airport.
- •No one was more surprised by my continued existence than I was (by which I mean I was the only one who was surprised).
- •But I had been so certain I was going to die, that when I didn't, I was less relieved & more like, '... now what?'
- •I was a weird kid.