ANIMALS YOU WON'T BELIEVE AREN'T PHOTOSHOPPED
Nature, like every worker, gets bored around mid-shift. The coffee wears off, she's got lunch sitting in her gut like a rock, the fluorescent lights are buzzing -- her productivity drops. She knows she's not going to be terribly effective anyway, so she starts dicking around and comes up with stuff like this: http://goo.gl/uh7CDJ
- •The LumpsuckerBehold: the ugliest fish in the world.
- •The Honorable ChickenThat's the result of selective breeding dating back to the 1600s. The tail feathers don't molt, so they just keep growing for the rooster's entire life.
- •The Rosy Maple MothWHAT KIND OF POKEMON ARE YOU
- •The Firefly SquidIt's full of special light-producing organs called photophores that make it look like the ocean is being haunted by an army of squid ghosts that can never know the comfort of the grave.
- •The Barbados Thread SnakeIt's theorized that this is not only the smallest snake in the world, but also the smallest possible snake. If a snake got any smaller, it wouldn't be able to feed or reproduce.