MIND-BLOWING EASTER EGGS HIDDEN IN RENAISSANCE ART
It was much more than a time of artists we eventually named mutant turtles after.
- •Michelangelo's 'David' is terrified.His very nervous expression is only visible from directly in front of him and from above him (and the average viewer will never know): http://goo.gl/bMy025
- •The Sistine Chapel makes God a brain.Michelangelo strikes again! In 'The Creation of Adam', It turns out that the figures of God, His angels and even the soon-to-be-created Eve under His arm form a nearly perfect cross-section of the human brain: http://goo.gl/jptkX5
- •Da Vinci took a secret selfie.In 2009, the art world collectively lost its shit when a potential da Vinci self-portrait was discovered. It was hidden within one of his many scientific papers, a treatise on flight and general ornithology called "Codex on the Flight of Birds." The portrait was so cleverly hidden that it had gone unnoticed for 500 years: http://goo.gl/ECSKaw
- •Raphael hid a future-building in a painting.While working on 'The School of Athens', Raphael had his friend Donato Bramante design "the architecture" for the fresco. Sure enough, Bramante's contribution was a carbon copy of the floor plans for the new St. Peter's Basilica he was working on just down the street. The School of Athens wound up offering a ground-level glimpse at the completed work more than a century before it would be finished: http://goo.gl/iL1Ifj
- •Renaissance painters depicted UFOs.For instance in 'The Madonna with Saint Giovaninno', where it's clear as day behind Mary: http://goo.gl/bMy025