FIVE HORRIBLE TELEVISION IDEAS
- 1.HEIL HONEY I'M HOME! This British sitcom -- in which Eva Braun and Adolph Hitler move into a middle class London neighborhood -- lasted one episode. The main comedic premise: Hitler has trouble getting along with his Jewish neighbors.
- 2.HOMEBOYS IN OUTER SPACE Two super fly black astronauts explore the universe in a lowrider style spaceship. The ship's computer is called Loquaita. The very idea of black people in space was supposed to be funny.
- 3.MIND YOUR LANGUAGE This beloved BBC comedy was set in an ESL school -- a befuddled white teacher is tasked with teaching English to a group of immigrants, with each character fully embodying their nation's cultural stereotype. Sample humor: the Chinese character always mixes up "r"s and "l"s.
- 4.FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS "Landry kills a man". This incredible show makes a big mis-step in season two when good guy Landry kills a man who is threatening Tyra. Maybe the writers caved to NBC pressure to add thrills, but you can feel their regret almost instantly. The murder is never mentioned again
- 5.THE GLEN BECK SHOW/BILL O'REILLY TWO HOUR PRIME TIME BLOCK ON FOX NEWS 2008-2011. No further blurb needed.