WAYS TO HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY NIGHT IN NYC
Note: this can also be done on other nights. And in other cities.
- •Play incredible music with incredible people for a few hours (casually sipping champagne throughout is a nice touch as well)Realize halfway through for the 1000th time that this is you at your happiest, always, even when you mess up some of the bits on piano.
- •Hug your friends who you haven't seen in 6 months so tight your shoulder blades hurtFeel free to grab their ears and threaten to eat their entire face.
- •When you can't bear to be in your dress and heels any longer, let someone pick out an outfit/costume for you to borrow for the remainder of the night.Letting someone pick out an outfit/costume for you from their own closet is incredibly telling as to how they secretly envision your inner most thoughts and treasures I think? He picked out a neon camouflage onesie and a backwards black baseball cap for me to wear. I felt deeply known/honored by his choice? It may've been blind luck.
- •Turn on Sia and dance until you feel like you may explode into a cloud of glitter and pearls and feathers.Start with "chandelier" don't be an amateur.
- •Pause the music and play a round of "2 Truths and a Lie."The rest of the group tries to guess which one of the three "facts" about yourself is the lie. This game is an endlessly fascinating character study.
- •Turn on Donna Summer and continue dancing.
- •Have at least 3 intense conversations.Be reminded that we're all a bunch of tall children trying our best to seek control and love. Even the coolest of the cool are just looking for a skirt to cling to. Heart swells, eyes water, warm glow spreads.
- •Watch the sun rise and pinch yourself as you drift off to sleep.Humans (and Sia) are great.