NICKNAMES I'VE BEEN GIVEN
- •RiaMy real name is Anuradha, which is just way too damn long. How did my parents get Ria? My mom's college friend literally said, "She can't go through life with that name! Call her Ria!" So they did.
- •GuriBy my mom. Means "doll".
- •AnuOnly my best friend, Namrata, is allowed to call me this. It sounds too grandma-ish.
- •MonaPronounced maw-na, not mo-na. By my grandma.
- •ReetzWhen my friend, Niti, and I pretended we were going to be pop stars going by the duo name, "Reetz and Neetz".
- •BabiAnother one by my mom. Means nothing.
- •Rye-AhhIn middle school, when my friends wanted to over pronounce all of our names.
- •MammaBoth my parents call me mom.