QUESTIONS MY UBER DRIVER ASKED ME IN ORDER TO GET MY NUMBER
I was coming home after watching a movie with a good guy friend. We dropped him off first.
- •Where are you from, India?Me: Yeah, my parents are from India. Him: Oh, I love India! I lived there for two years while my dad worked there.
- •Were you born here (in the U.S.)?Yes.
- •Does your family live in Georgia?No, Florida.
- •Where in Florida, Jacksonville?No, [insert city name here].
- •Oh wow, are you close to the beach?Maybe like an hour away.
- •Oh, you can take your boyfriend there and go to the beach.(Awkward laugh.)
- •Do you have a boyfriend?Sigh, no.
- •Whaaaat? Why not?Me: I don't know. I just don't. Him: It's hard to find guys, huh? *By the way, this is like the stupidest question. I don't control this fact of my life. Also, don't act like you're doing me a favor by being a prospect.
- •Are you looking for something in particular?No, just whatever comes my way. (Like I'm going to explain to you my standards. Vagueness for the win.)
- •Oh, so you don't care where they're from?No. (I assume he asked this because he's Muslim and I'm Hindu, but again, I'm not about to give you details on what backgrounds have and haven't worked for me in the past.)
- •Do you want to exchange numbers and maybe hang out sometime?Nooooo, thaaaaannnkkks. I'm good. 🙄
- •I rated him one star and mentioned the incident briefly to Uber. I should feel safe getting dropped home by my driver, not creeped out. 🖐🏽