TV I WATCHED WITH MY PARENTS GROWING UP
Inspired by @daniellenuss
- •I Love LucyClassic. I learned so much simply by watching. THIS is how you do a family sitcom. I get irritated and rant like a hipster when I see modern sitcoms copying gags used in I Love Lucy. Ex. Ross may have come up with "PIVOT!", but moving a TV down the stairs was done on this show first.
- •There's CompanyIt's why I'm so comfortable with sex jokes, but not sex scenes. "It's a sex comedy where nobody has sex!" is probably the truest statement I've ever heard about this show.
- •BarneyMy favorite as a child. I would apparently wake up from naps if the theme song started playing.
- •ArthurYou were literally more likely to catch my mom watching this alone than me or my brother. Favorite childhood show without a doubt (oh, I should do a list about that!).
- •The Suite Life of Zack and CodySeason one was great. Went downhill from there.
- •The Cosby ShowSimple, fun family show.
- •Married...with ChildrenI watched this as a 3 year old with my parents at 11:00 PM every night and laughed out loud even though I understood nothing. Now that I'm old enough to understand it, I'm like "I CANNOT WATCH THIS SHOW!"
- •SeinfeldDon't kill me, but I always hated this one. I liked it in parts, but never really felt like actually watching an episode because the characters annoyed me too much.
- •Are You Being Served?BBC show that used to air on PBS. The characters are a mess, but it's basically a workplace comedy at a department store. Oh, the shenanigans.
- •Keeping Up AppearancesSo wonderfully British. Hyacinth is probably the most annoying character, but at least she got stuck with the last name of Bucket and a loser brother-in-law!
- •The Price Is RightDaytime TV at its finest for stay-at-home moms who had the prices memorized from being at the supermarket too long.
- •Whose Line Is It Anyway?Uniquely brilliant. Nothing beats the power four - Drew, Wayne, Ryan, and Colin. So glad the show is back!
- •Diagnosis MurderDick Van Dyke in one of my favorite genres of television - the PG murder mystery show. The characters were fantastic! It delivers exactly what it promises - a good whodunnit with a medical focus.
- •MatlockAnother PG murder mystery show. Could binge watch this for hours.