My go-to time sucks
This is NOT a list of hobbies but rather things I find both incredibly entertaining and incredibly wasteful of the hours I should invest on other projects. The list has remained pretty consistent these past few years. I have an incredible talent for time-blindness💁🏻
- •Watching anything on the Morezoella YouTube station.I don't even know how this got started and I can't explain it but zoella is a calming personality and I enjoy following her life—probably because I like it from a distance (cute BF! cute dog! so many make-up tips!) but don't want it AT ALL.
- •Start watching Barbara Streisand singing performances than rabbit-holing from there.Usually includes all Broadway related reviews, cast performances and interviews available on YouTube.
- •Netflix obvs but specifically Pride and Prejudice (Joe Wright version) for the 2hundredth time.
- •Googling skin remedies for my myriad self/Dr-diagnosed skin maladiesI don't trust any of them but I like to do the research.
- •Admiring my bookshelfBut not reading any books. Especially purchased unread or soon-to-be-due books.
- •Checking Twitter feeds of celebrities I enjoyI don't have my own Twitter account.
- •Making routes on mapmyrun.comThis can sometimes delay running by 2-3 hours.
- •TweezingTHO this could also be deemed productive.
- •More recently, this appI used to obsessively search top 25 or top 10 lists on rollingstone or avclub but now it's streamlined! Maybe this will free up more hours?! (Nope.)