5 TIPS TO AVOID OVERDOING IT ON THANKSGIVING
- •Don't calorie bank!Eat a protein rich breakfast in the morning and have a nutrient dense snack before your big meal. My family has thanksgiving meal around 2 so I plan on having scrambled eggs with greens for breakfast and some crudités with bean dip for a snack before the big event. Saving up your calories causes overeating and regrets.
- •Drink the basicsMost people need some alcohol to get through the holiday. Stick to the basics. Wine or clear spirits with club soda. Drink a glass of water between each drink and skip the ciders and fancy cocktails.
- •Get in those veggiesBalance your plate with half the plate real estate reserved for vegetables, a quarter for your starch, and a quarter for lean protein!
- •Get movingWorking out the day of the epic meal is essential. Go on a brisk walk with your family, hit an early spin class, or join a turkey trot.
- •Focus on being grateful for your companyDivert the attention away from the food and focus on your dining companions. Savor your food and pace yourself. It's one delicious day. Don't let it turn into a bender under January 1!