HOW TO STAY HEALTHY WHILE ON VACATION
- •Prior to reaching your destination do research on fitness incentives. Look into if there is a hotel gym, running paths, hikes, SUP, or kayaking. Find ways to move and be happy!
- •Pick your splurges. Every meal on vacation does not need to be indulgent. Select one item a day. One night split dessert and another night share the calamari.
- •Be particular with your cocktails. Forgo the pina coladas, daiquiris, and margaritas that have loads of sugar and calories. Keep it simple and clean with wine or clear sprits with club soda and fresh lemon or lime.
- •Keep up the fiber and hydration. Travel often times leads to constipation. Make sure to drink lots of water and eat plenty of dark leafy greens, whole fruit and vegetables, and whole grains. Pack some chia seeds to add to your breakfast or salad for extra omega 3s and fiber rich punch.
- •Menu navigation. Be wary of specific menu phrases such as crispy, creamy, and breaded. Ask your server to clarify the prep. Don't hesitate to ask for dressing and sauces on the side and sub starches for vegetables or greens.