Norway 101: DO's and DON'Ts for foreigners
- •DON'T thank anyone 'for everything'While 'thanks for everything' might seem a nice thing to write on a cake, in Norway 'takk for alt' is strictly for headstones.
- •DO wave briefly to strangers you pass when driving a car...But don't verbally acknowledge strangers, or even your neighbors if you pass them on foot.
- •DON'T make sandwiches with two sides
- •DON'T wear shoes insideHave party shoes that pull your look together? Bring them in a bag.
- •DO talk about the weatherWeather isn't small talk, it's serious, and Scandinavians love to discuss it.