HOW NEWTON, MA HAS CHANGED SINCE I LEFT *A JOG PAST MY CHILDHOOD LANDMARKS*
After living in Chicago, I went back home for a funeral. I decided to go for a jog past the places that meant the most to me growing up.
- •Newton center update: banks closing to make space for new banks. If a store lasts more than a year, it can make it anywhere
- •My snap chat story thinks I go to BC... *cue the post-life-back-to-school depression*A detour through the BC campus was not the move
- •Fall is more beautiful in New EnglandAnd more noisy from the leaf blowers ... which I just learned are now banned?
- •The chestnut hill mall is timelessAnd is the only thing that hasn't changed
- •Outside LA-style malls are the new big thing. I'm sad I missed them but confused by their presence in New England
- •The new playground I acted out the love story in Star Wars with my crush while I went to Ward school is now the broken down, old playground petitioned to get rebuiltMetaphor for my imagination?
- •Tudor houses are beautifulNowhere else have I seen such a large selection
- •As a Catholic, I miss my Jewish roots