Ranting in the car about lyrics: "The Good Stuff" by Kenny Chesney
Because sometimes I take song lyrics too literally when I listen to the radio. I actually like this song. But some of the lyrics are just ridiculous.
- •He didn't reach around for the whiskey/He didn't pour me a beer/His blue eyes kinda went misty/He said you can't find that here.He is not a good bartender. Who tells their only customer they can't find anything good there?
- •And droppin' the ring in the spaghetti plate/'Cause you're hands are shakin' so muchWho proposes over spaghetti?
- •Eatin' burnt suppers the whole first yearFirst, why is he assuming only the woman is going to be cooking? Second, why are newly married people assumed to be terrible cooks?
- •He grabbed a carton of milk and he poured a glassWhat kind of bartender keeps a carton of milk at the bar?
- •But I've been sober for 3 years nowOh, okay. The recovering alcoholic bartender kind. Obviously.
- •He said, when you get home she'll start to cry/When she says, I'm sorry, say so am IMake sure she apologizes first, though. Don't want to set any precedents here.