6 FRESH-BAKED BOOKS ABOUT DONUTS
If you haven't read any of these children's books to a kid in your life, you donut know what you're missing.
- 1.The Donut Chef by Bob StaakeA bedtime fave both for the addictive rhyme and rampant silliness. Fun fact, Bob Staake just illustrated the New Yorker's cover dedicated to Prince.
- 2.Arnie the Doughnut by Laurie KellerDoes a donut have a choice NOT to be eaten? Arnie thinks so. Delightfully goofy with hilarious asides from the foodie cast of characters. For anyone craving more, there's a trio of graphic novels called The Adventures of Arnie the Donut.
- 3.More Donuts! By Daniel ErricoNarwhal wants one of your donuts. Actually, he wants them all! A self-published gem with a hint of Mo Willems humor. Plus, we all need a reminder about sharing the sweet stuff.
- 4.If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff and Felicia BondIf you haven't come across at least one of these books in your lifetime, I'm guessing you're not a parent. They practically wallpaper libraries with 'em but still, I always get a kick out of the Rube Goldberg-like storytelling. This one is no exception.
- 5.The Hole Story of the Doughnut by Pat Miller and Vincent KirschDid you know donuts were invented on the high seas? Me neither. Lots more facts in here to fill in all the holes in your donut knowledge.
- 6.Okie Dokie Donuts by Chris EliopoulosBig Mama makes 'em fresh! This graphic novel is a zany romp through a donut lover's daydream. Funky and fun with sprinkled on top!