2017 Sporting Events
I enjoy a variety of sports. Along with trying to go see music, if I'm traveling, I try to attend a sporting event if I can as well. I'm mostly into soccer and American football, but I go to all sorts of stuff. Here's a running list of professional and collegiate sporting events I attended in 2017.
- •Atlanta Falcons vs Seattle Seahawks01/14/17: Falcons 36, Seahawks 20 • Georgia Dome • Atlanta, Georgia. Divisional Round of the NFC playoffs. I've never heard that stadium rocking like that.
- •UAB Blazers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs02/11/17: UAB 62, Old Dominion 83 • Bartow Arena • Birmingham, Alabama. The Monarchs delivered an ass kicking of the highest order.
- •UAB Blazers vs FIU Panthers03/04/17: UAB 56, Florida International 68 • Bartow Arena • Birmingham, Alabama. Last regular season game of the year ended a very mediocre season with a loss. They were conference champions last year and finished one game over .500 this year. Somewhat to be expected after graduating their star player, having their head coach poached by Stanford and suffering a lot of injuries.
- •Atlanta Hawks vs. Indiana Pacers03/05/17: Atlanta 96 - Indiana 97 • Philips Arena • Atlanta, Georgia. Pacers won on a three pointer with 0.6 seconds left. They totally put a dagger in an entire arena.
- •Birmingham Barons vs. Montgomery BiscuitsAs my brother once wisely observed: "No one really cares about minor league baseball, but people do really enjoy drinking beer outside. FWIW, the Biscuits won 3-2.
- •Atlanta United vs. DC United04/30/17: Atlanta 1 - DC 3 • Bobby Dodd Stadium • Atlanta, Georgia: BDS has one of the best views in sports IMO. Awesome having the Atlanta skyline as the backdrop for the beautiful game. Atlanta dominated statistically....except in the one that matters most. 😕 Was still a blast though and I can't wait to go back.
- •United States of America vs. Panama07/08/17: USA 1 - 1 Panama • Nissan Stadium • Nashville, Tennessee: Hotter than hell and the two teams really struggled in the heat. Was hoping for a win obviously, but Panama is pretty good so a tie isn't awful. Got to have a good day out with some family and friends so it was a win regardless.