ARIZONA/UTAH KIND OF RULE (DAY 1)
Day one of vacation is in the books. Some pictures and anecdotes below...
- •Left Las Vegas at 4:00 a.m. to get to the Grand Canyon.
- •3 mile, difficult rated hike at the Grand Canyon today. 2,000 foot elevation change in a mere 1.5 miles. 3 miles round trip with EXTREMELY steep trails. So good. Elevation kind of kicked my butt since it's about 5000+ feet higher than where I live.
- •Having to dodge mules on the steep, narrow trails was interesting.
- •The mules were cool, but I saw some downright absurd stuff on the trail otherwise: (1) a guy blasting techno out of a boombox on the trail. Not as bad as graffiti obviously, but damn obnoxious (2) a guy carrying a Papa John's pizza into the canyon (3) a woman wearing a half length fur coat.
- •Left the Grand Canyon and hauled ass over 3-4 hours to get to Monument Valley to catch the sunset there. Was worth every ounce of effort as you can see...
- •Another three hour drive to Moab, where we'll thankfully be for a couple of nights.