ATLANTA DAY TRIP
Day trip to Atlanta to see a crucial late season Eastern Conference match-up.
- •Hawks and Celtics had the same record coming into the game. Hawks were the three seed for the playoffs because they held the tiebreaker.
- •No way in HELL I am driving in downtown Atlanta on a Saturday night if I don't have to. We took MARTA. I'm all about that mass transit life.
- •My favorite player, Paul Millsap, is on the gameday program. That's gotta be a good omen right?
- •The current squad banners lining the concourse at Philips Arena.
- •The floor projections are the coolest. I'm always a little bummed if I'm late to a game and miss the pregame. This was during the national anthem.
- •Turning a basketball court into a giant movie screen rules pretty hard.
- •Player intros are legit. One day I'll be able to afford the expensive ticket side of the arena and get to see the intros right side up. (Millsap intro.)
- •There was an actual game played in addition to the great special effects. Millsap lit it up 31 points and a double double. Atlanta won 118-107 in a high scoring back and forth game that was very tight until the last minute or two. Super fun and was back in Birmingham just after midnight due to gaining an hour coming back. Day trip success!Two more regular season games. Hopefully ATL can lock down the three seed. Took a huge step towards it tonight.
- •I also scored this new hat since I was in desperate need of a new one.
- •Hope y'all had great Saturdays as well