BEST COMEDIANS I'VE SEEN LIVE
Until recently, Birmingham hasn't had a ton of comedians roll through town. Glad that's changing though. Hate that I was out of town when Tig Notaro came through and that I was too broke to see George Carlin, Jerry Seinfeld, and Chris Rock. Also discovered Mitch Hedberg just before he died but he played here multiple times apparently 😕
- 1.Zach GalifianakisGot to see him in a 225 capacity club several years before he blew up in The Hangover series and stopped doing stand up. Absolutely the hardest I have ever laughed.
- 2.Dave ChappelleGot to see him on his comeback. Glad he's gotten healthy again and back out in the road. One of the best.
- 3.Brian PosehnThe guy made an hour long routine out of talking about heavy metal, science fiction, comic books, and how awkward he is. I don't even like sci-fi and comics and he still had me howling.
- 4.Kyle KinaneI hadn't even heard of him until the day of the show when a friend talked me into going. Glad I did.
- 5.Hannibal BurressCrazy how he is just blowing up and is everywhere now. I think they BOGO'd the tickets when I saw him because he was still on the way up and was playing a space that was too big at the time. Awful crowd too. A lot of interruptions.
- 6.Eddie IzzardLongest comedy show I've ever seen. Was like 2+ hours, but always funny. So involved and complex it's almost more like a one man play than stand up.
- 7.Rob DelaneyAmazing how he parlayed a Twitter account into a mult-media career. Good for him though.
- 8.Todd BarryTodd is super funny, but I was a little bummed for him that he played before a very sparse crowd in a very big room. Kind of just sucked the energy out of the place.