CANYONLANDS & ARCHES (DAY 2)
Day two of the grand outdoor adventure of 2016 found us in Moab, Utah for visits to Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park.
- •After the past two exhausting (one day of air travel and then one day of tough Grand Canyon hiking + 7-8 hours in the car) meant sleeping in a little was a necessity. Getting up at 7 instead of 3:30 or 4 was awesome.
- •Day started off at Canyonlands. Vastly underrated park IMO.Grand View Point is aptly named.
- •Upheaval DomeThis spot was bonkers. Three mile wide crater with some bizarro rock formations in the middle. They think it was caused by a meteorite.
- •CanyonlandsThe clouds were causing shadows to dance all over the canyons.
- •Mesa ArchMesa Arch creates a picture frame around the sandstone formations and the snow capped mountains.
- •Arches National ParkLandscape Arch is 290 feet wide and awe-inspiring. We went to Arches last year so we skipped some of the stuff we saw then to see stuff new to us.
- •Day three tomorrow will have a visit to a state park in Moab and then we head to Zion in western Utah in the early afternoon.