Concerts Attended: Jul. - Sep. 2017
Third quarter of concert going this year.
- •JIMMY HERRING & THE INVISIBLE WHIP07/22/17: WorkPlay Theatre • Birmingham, AL: Only their third show ever and they sold out 500 seat WorkPlay. Of course, this band is stacked with long-time music vets of a million different bands (Aquarium Rescue Unit, Widespread Panic, Leftover Salmon, etc.) Good mix of styles, all instrumental. Heck of a night of music for $20.
- •IRON & WINE08/29/17 • Saturn • Birmingham, AL: First time seeing them live. Holy crap what a great show! Can't wait to see again.
- •JOE RUSSO'S ALMOST DEAD08/31/17 • Red Rocks • Morrison, CO: Best venue in the world. It's amazingness never diminishes. JRAD had Oteil Burbridge on bass and he just owned.
- •PHISH09/01/17 • Dick's Sporting Goods Park • Commerce City, CO: Absolute rager of a show. They hit some really deep space ambient jams. Amazing opening night of a three night run.
- •PHISH09/02/17 • Dick's Sporting Goods Park • Commerce City, CO: It's almost like I designed the setlist myself. Double encore of "The Lizards" and "Run Like An Antelope" 😳
- •PHISH09/03/17 • Dick's Sporting Goods Park • Commerce City, CO: Was my 43rd or 44th time seeing them. I need to go back and do some accounting. Wonderful three night run with zero repeats!
- •DRIVIN' N' CRYIN'09/23/17: Bessemer Municipal Airport • Bessemer, AL: Band I've been listening to forever is still killing it. Was my first time seeing them in about a decade.