Concerts I Attended: November 2016
Was considering seeing Torche on Monday, but I've seen them a few times already, I hate the venue they're playing, and I'm trying to save some dollars. My November concertgoing is done so here's the list. (All photos via my iPhone 6s)
- •STARFUCKER11/03/16 • Saturn • Birmingham, AL: These guys are super fun. I wish they came around more. My second time seeing them.
- •INTER ARMA11/09/16 • Iron City • Birmingham, AL: I really like their album and was kind of hoping for a monstrous show, but it didn't quite come off that way. They were good, just not life alteringly so.
- •DEAFHEAVEN11/09/16 • Iron City • Birmingham, AL: These guys were amazing. A potent combo of shoegaze and black metal. They were the reason I went to the show. Too bad they weren't headliners.
- •CARCASS11/09/16 • Iron City • Birmingham, AL: I straight up left this show a Carcass fan and it wasn't hard to see why they got top billing. You don't have a career as long as they've had because you suck. This was the day after the election and our English friends had some very damning words for Donald, which were very much appreciated by the crowd.
- •THE KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW11/13/16 • Saturn • Birmingham, AL: I've seen these guys a zillion times and they never disappoint. They combine garage punk with doo-wop and soul. From Montreal, they now live in Berlin.
- •GALACTIC11/15/16 • WorkPlay Theatre • Birmingham, AL: A little bit of New Orleans funk to lift your spirits. Seen em tons over the years and they've lost a step, but are still good fun.
- •DAMIEN JURADO11/16/16 • Syndicate Lounge • Birmingham, AL: I'm not much into the singer-songwriter genre and that's too narrow a pigeonhole for what he does, but this probably locked a spot in one of my Top 10 shows of the year. The Seattle based musician had the room hypnotized.