Daydreaming as Coping Mechanism
Things have been a bit stressful lately: I've endured multiple home and car repairs that have cost me thousands I don't have, my mom was diagnosed with cancer (she just had the surgery, it went very well so far...currently waiting on some more test results,) and a bunch of other general life crap.
- •So when the shit hits the proverbial fan, I often daydream to take my mind off of itI think about the things I've been fortunate enough to do and I dream of things I'd like to do in the future. Here are some of the things I like to think about when the world gets to be a little too much...
- •Zion CanyonI prefer to use the Paiute name for Zion (Mukuntuweap) when I'm daydreaming about it, but that's beside the point. I've been lucky enough to go there a few times over the past two years and those red canyon walls work wonders for my soul....so I dream about returning to them. One of the few places I've been so overcome by beauty that I've wept. Mukuntuweap has a hold on me.
- •Monument ValleyI can't wait to go back here. Managed to get there in time to catch this sunset. No photograph can approach catching the scope/majesty of it. I really want to go back and hike and drive around there more and just wander in the desert.
- •Antelope CanyonThese slot canyons have been on my list for a while but I haven't managed to get out there yet., I'll make it to them someday.
- •Havasupai FallsAnother southwestern spot I haven't made it to yet, but that I daydream about a lot. I don't solely fixate on the American southwest, but it has been a focal point of travel for me lately.
- •Toumba StadiumToumba is the home stadium of PAOK in Thessaloniki, Greece. I fell in love with the city when I went. I've always been a huge soccer fan and I fell in love with how hard their fans go for their team. Who doesn't want to be in a sea of flares and smoke bombs?
- •Hiking the BalkansThe Balkans get unfairly maligned because of that bit of war they had, but it's a beautiful place and I want to plan a huge hiking trip through there.
- •The CaucusesI've long had a fascination with Armenia, Georgia, etc (well before the Kardashians were a thing.) I'll make it there someday.
- •I could list up to 100 things really, but these are some of the things that keep me going when I'm feeling low.....