EUROTRIP PICS (BERLIN)
I was planning on doing daily lists during my recent trip to Europe, but I had no data plan over there and the hotel wifi was often spotty (especially in Germany) so I'm going to do a short series of lists posting some pics from the trip.
- •Church in Berlin that has been preserved in its post WW2 bombed out condition.
- •Reichstag in Berlin. It's where the Bundestag (German parliament) meets.
- •Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.
- •Holocaust Memorial in Berlin is an enormous sculpture you're meant to walk around in. Hard to describe unless you experience it, but it's a very powerful monument.
- •View from within the Holocaust Memorial.
- •Statue of Marx and Engels. Apparently climbing up in Karl Marx's lap for a photo is quite the thing to do (hence the different coloration on his hands and legs), but there was quite a line to do it at the time I was there so we didn't. It's way bigger than it looks here too so it's a bit of an effort to get up in his lap.