Road Trip Music: 05/14/16-05/15/16
Went on a quick overnight solo trip to Nashville to see Savages. As I mentioned in a previous list (https://li.st/l/0AePce6u29TDEdZWgVGdFS), a lot of my favorite music is not what my girlfriend wants to hear on a regular basis, so the solo driving time is a prime opportunity for me to listen to stuff she's not too keen on. The list....
- •Jozef Van Wissem: Ex PatrisDutch musician and composer that writes modern compositions for lute. "Our Hearts Condemn Us" and other rays of sunshine means I usually listen to JVW alone.
- •Swans: The Great AnnihilatorThis light-hearted summer jam will transport you to the beach anytime you press play!
- •Sigur Rós: TakkShe is actually a big Sigur Rós fan.
- •Wovenhand: MosaicDark, slow, fire & brimstone type stuff perfect for a company picnic.
- •The Necks: VertigoInstrumental jazz trio that performs brooding 45 minute pieces. Fun for the whole family.
- •Norman Westberg: The All Most QuietShe digs Westberg's ambient stuff. We saw him live this weekend.
- •Rollins Band: Life TimeThese post-Black Flag early Rollins Band albums rule if you're into loud guitars and screaming.