SPORTS TEAMS I'M A FAN OF
On paper, sports are kind of dumb. In reality, they're a lot of fun. These are the teams that make me happy when they win...
- •ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE FOOTBALLThis is one of the only teams I cheer for that has any consistent level of success. They've won 4 out of the last 7 national championships, which isn't too shabby IMO. I'm no bandwagon hopper though, I have a degree from UA.
- •ATLANTA FALCONSThe Falcons are pretty middle of the road most of the time. They struggle in the playoffs if they ever make it. They got blown out in their one Super Bowl appearance. Samuel L. Jackson is our most famous fan so we've got that going for us.
- •ATLANTA HAWKSI'm new to watching the NBA. I've only been tuned in for a few years, but it's super fun. They play too many games IMO though.
- •PAOKI'm kind of a walking cliché on this one: visited Europe, fell in love with a team. Instead of a hugely successful English, German, Spanish or French club as is the norm though...I fell in love with the historically fourth best team in Greece. The mighty Two-Headed Eagle of the North captured my heart, just like the city of Thessaloniki where they play.
- •UAB BLAZERS BASKETBALLMy other alma mater doesn't have a great sporting tradition, but I love them just the same. Basketball has historically been quite good for a small conference school. Current reigning Conference USA champions!
- •UAB BLAZERS FOOTBALLA team that is struggle personified: poor facilities, poorly funded, small fanbase, etc. They go out there for the love of the game, the love of their school, and the love of their city. One of the few schools out there that's never gotten an NCAA sanction.
- •USA SOCCERI love cheering for this team. The men struggle, they aren't elite, but they play with guts and they're ours. The women are super dominant and are reigning world champions.