**USA Copa America Update**
- •When the USA's draw for the Copa America Centanario came out, I figured there was a good chance we'd go three and out seeing as we've been playing pretty crappily over the last year or so.
- •We lost to Colombia as expected (no shame in that), but we bounced back to thrash Costa Rica and even managed to defeat Paraguay despite only playing with 10 men.
- •Somehow, shit got really weird and we ended up winning the group. There's usually around a 60-70% chance that teams that lose their first game don't advance, but we advanced and came out on top. (We surpassed Colombia on goal differential.)
- •That set up a quarterfinal appearance against Ecuador...no gimme game at all. And yet BOOM 2-1 winners with goals from Clint Dempsey and Gyasi Zardes.
- •We likely face Argentina and Messi in the semis (oh shit!), but I'm proud of the guys for bouncing back and winning three straight after dropping the opener.
- •No matter what happens from here on out, we've had a hell of a run...and who knows, we beat Argentina the last time we played in the Copa America. (Final score was 3-0)
- •Hope for the best!
- •...and mega props to our captain for wearing a rainbow captain's armband tonight.