HOW DO YOU MEND A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP?
I don't know the answer.
- •When they won't tell you what you said/did?And you genuinely don't know.
- •When you're talking in circles and you can't see the others' POV?There's so much pain and everything sounds so irrational and senseless.
- •When there's name calling and meaness littered throughout the conversation?I'm trying not to take it personal. But it feels personal.
- •Then they apologize.But it was "I'm sorry I said mean things, but.."
- •When they don't WANT to fix it?Because it takes work and they're too emotionally drained to work.
- •When there's so much pain but all you see is your own?I admit, I can't much see past my own. I'm assuming she feels the same.
- •When they're going through other things that seem to overshadow the real issues?A break-up, getting her Master's, coping with being a 20 something who lost her sister..
- •And I'm going through other things.Trying to hold together my own relationship, keep his health under control and not just want to quit.
- •When communication takes two willing people?And only one is willing at this particular moment in time.
- •When it's your child?I KNOW she lost her sister. But I also lost my child. And now no one can talk about anything. And I feel like I've lost two daughters.