I FOUND SOMETHING NICE TO SAY TO EVERYONE I ENCOUNTERED TODAY.
I decided to experiment and follow the old adage "say something nice, or nothing at all"~for a day❤In the order in which they were encountered..
- •Our office manager.She and I have worked together over 20 years and she's one of my besties, so..that's easy. She is one of the best listeners you could ask for.
- •Our DA.She's been cranky lately, thanks to divorce proceedings, but she has been showing up and getting it done. Nice job!
- •My boss.He said good morning in a sincerely cheerful voice. And he didn't leave any sticky notes on my charts. (He knows I hate that). Thanks!
- •So far so good😀(Well, it is only 7:05)
- •Patient #1Uh oh. I know you cheated on your wife because I saw you. My friends and I were at the club and I watched you hit on multiple woman. You upped the creepy factor cuz I clean your wife's teeth! (OH MY GOD IT'S ONLY BEEN FIVE MINUTES!!!) You got this______you're punctual..?
- •P #2Further conversation revealed you're raising your grandchildren. As someone raised by gp's, bless you. I wanted to ask why but figured I wouldn't meddle in your privacy because the answer's likely not good. I wanted to share my situation but didn't, but huge props to you. You seem like a good grandpa.
- •P #3You're not warm or talkative but you're pleasant. And you're outfit was cute. Love the capris.
- •P #4We've always chatted about our vacations and you work hard at your home care. Your pink shirt was nice too.
- •P #5You're in a wheelchair and it takes quite awhile to get you situated. But you are cooperative and I admire your determination.
- •Above pt's caretaker.You are no nonsense but I think anyone who cares for another deserves credit for that.
- •P #6You're British. I like your accent and you're easy to work on.
- •This is so easy!Down to the wire ..
- •P #7You're a friend of my BF and you usually fall asleep in the chair, making it hard to work on you but today we watched the Olympics and I turned up the volume and you did great! Extra points for the tie.
- •P #8I have cleaned your teeth for nearly 20 years. I knew your wife, who you lost a few years ago and we've both lost children, so we talk a lot. You are one of my favorites. Truly kind and caring. You always make me cry.
- •~~YOU ARE GOLDEN TODAY~~
- •My man.You left before I woke up this morning so you were the end to my day. And you are my favorite human that's not related to me! And, you smell good.
- •I probably won't document it, but let's see if I can keep it going❤️