MOVIES MY GRANDMOTHER INTRODUCED TO ME GROWING UP.
Requested by @angela3950
- •BOYS TOWN (1938)Spencer Tracy AND Mickey Rooney. Cried my eyes out!!!!! But my all-time fave old movie.
- •IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT (1934)Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. My first romantic comedy.
- •AFRICAN QUEEN (1952)Kathryn Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. Classic.
- •BEN HUR (1959)Charleton Heston rocks.
- •PARENT TRAP (1961)Brian Keith and Maureen O'Hara and of course, Hayley Mills.
- •SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS (1954)My own children loved this movie growing up.
- •RIO BRAVO (1959)Grandma loved her some Dean Martin and John Wayne. This movie was filmed very close to my house where I grew up. And how hot was Angie Dickenson?!
- •BULLIT (1968)Steve McQueen and one of the most famous car chases ever filmed.
- •BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID. (1969)I fell in love with these men even though I was a child. True story of possibly the most likeable outlaws ever.
- •SINGNG IN THE RAIN (1952)Gene Kelly was amazing!
- •ALL ABOUT EVE (1950)Bette Davis. She was grandma's favorite.
- •LOVE STORY (1970)Ryan O'Neil and Ali McGraw. The chemistry was amazing.
- •THE BIRDS (1963)We loved Alfred Hitchcock! This movie scared the crap out of me back then!
- •REAR WINDOW (1954)My fave Hitchcock. Because, Grace Kelly.
- •THE HARRAD EXPERIMENT (1973)This scarred me for life. At the drive-in. I was 12!! Goggle it. But hey, it was my introduction to Don Johnson.
- •I'm sure there are a TON more that I'm forgetting😳😁