WHAT DID YOU SAY?
Inspired by @sky, though her list is about words 'overheard', this is more about words I read or hear, that strike me a certain way♥️an ongoing li.st..
- •It's very important to have opposites in life. You sleep one night in a beautiful hotel and then the next night sleep under a tree. If you always sleep in a palace, it's very boring, and if you always sleep under a tree it's sort of chilly.Read in one of my cooking magazines. I don't remember his name, but I wrote this down and I hear, 'live out of your comfort zone now and then, and don't spend your life just doing the same thing all the damn time'♥️
- •As long as there is light I will sing.Heard while watching the Cuba episode of Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown on CNN. It was a 93yo woman who has been a performer all her life. She sang for Al Capone, and still performs with her band every night at midnight!! I heard, 'do what you love until you die'♥️
- •Someone saw fireworks for the first time tonight, and someone saw them for the last.A passing thought in my head as I was watching from our window. It means, 'there are beginnings and there are ends, and it is all unpredictable'.
- •I know he carries a lot of stress, but he needs to remember he's not curing cancer.Said to me by my therapist about my bf's stress levels, in regards to work. Tbf, he carries the stress of not only our livelihoods but that of his 25 employees, and running a small business in the state of California is not easy, but point taken. To me it means, 'lighten up, life is short, and work is only so important in the scheme of things'.
- •Stop giving your kids advice.Also my therapist, and said to me when getting myself worked up over their potential choices in regards to various things. I hear, 'it's their life, let them make their own mistakes, you already did your job so now just trust them, and listen'. This is good advice, indeed.
- •Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream.Heard from a contestant on Chopped, when told she was ambitious. It means, 'get off your ass and just DO IT'.
- •That's just taking a bath with a toaster.Modern Family (reruns) I heard what everyone hears, 'DON'T DO IT'😂
- •I wanted the reward but not the struggle. I wanted the result but not the process. I was in love with not the fight but only the victory.Read in 'The Subtle Art of not Giving a Fuck', by Mark Manson. It means, 'if you're not willing to work for it, you don't really want it that badly'.
- •The people who squawk the loudest about such things have almost never had to get over anything. Or at least not genuinely, mind-fuckingly, soul-crushing life altering...They live on Planet Earth. You live on Planet My Baby Died.Reread in Cheryl Strayed's Tiny Beautiful Things. To me it means, 'we all grieve different things in different ways, and if you can't say something supportive and loving, just shut your mouth and say nothing'. Oh, how I love this woman♥️
- •So, when I leave here on this earth, did I take more than I gave, did I look out for other people or did I do it all for fame?Lyrics from Macklemore's song, Glorious. This has been the way I judge how I'm doing most of my life, it means, 'leave this place better than you found it, it's not all about you'.