Best advice I've ever received
- •Everyone hates their job in their 20s.Everyone has multiple jobs and are tying to figure out what to do. This is a time to just enjoy life and learn as much as you can from every experience and job.
- •Don't get a timeshare.I asked my dad what was one of his biggest regrets and he said getting into a timeshare. Ironically we were on a beach at a timeshare
- •You make your own family.I have watch more RuPaul than I care to share but some of the stuff she says is so inspirational. If you can't love yourself how in the hell you gonna love somebody else.
- •What other people say about you is none of your business.RuPaul truly is my spirit guide. This is my favorite piece of advice from her... Because she's right; ignore the bullshit. It doesn't matter, and you're too good for it. Now go do you.Suggested by @CallTheHotline
- •You will not feel this way forever.No matter how permanent something feels in the moment, life doesn't work that way. When you're mired in shit, remembering that "this too shall pass" can be a lifesaver.Suggested by @readjulia
- •"You'll get older either way."This was used when someone said they didn't feel comfortable going back to school because they'd be 40 by the time they graduate. The response was "you are gonna turn 40 either way." Time passes, do things now.Suggested by @Boogie