What goes through the my head while meditating
I am trying to staying present but my mind refuses to cooperate. Here's a list of what's going on inside my head during a 10 minute session. This was written after I mediated just now and is pretty close to actual events.
- •Ok, let's do this. Breathe in. Breathe out.
- •Ok, not bad. You are doing well. Keep breathing
- •Wait, telling myself to breathe, is that being present. Shouldn't I just know to breathe?
- •Ok, doesn't matter. Keep going, focus on the breath.
- •I want to watch the latest episode of Preacher when I'm done. Yea, what a crazy show. Good though.
- •Then after that, maybe I'll go for a run.
- •Oh man! I forgot to take the dog out before I started meditating.
- •Oh no! I am totally not being present. Time to refocus.
- •Ok, breathe in and listen to the sounds around you. Relax. You can do this.
- •Oh, a birdie! What a cute chirp.
- •Wait, it's not time for bird watching (listening?), you should be meditating.
- •Right! Stay present!
- •Stay on target. Luke, the force is with you, you can be present if you would just STAY ON TARGET. Focus on the breath. In... Out... Ahhh, this is it!
- •What?? That can't be my alarm. 10 minutes is already up?