Already on li.st? Open in app.
I love movies. I do nothing but write, and shoot my own short films that may or may not ever be released or even reach a rough concept. I live and breathe movies. Most of my friends love movies but some not as much as I do. And thus was the idea for this list. I present, the most cliche things your movie buff friend will say to you more than once.
- •"Tarantino copied Scorsese"Yes. I know. Stop talking and let me enjoy senseless speech like a normal person.
- •"Ezekiel 25:17"Blessed is he who, in The name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of— OKAY OKAY OKAY.
- •"Have you seem The Godfather?"How did this get brought up again?
I'm a fan of musical theatre. Took part in productions at school (currently playing the lead in our high school's production of Fiddler on the Roof). I always admire each character a musical provides. Whether they're central to the story or not, they're all important, but the lead is where it all happens. Here are my top 5 musical leads…
- •Tevye (Fiddler on the Roof)I realize I may be just a little biased on this one but the character of Tevye has always fascinated me. His conflict between his faith and his family shows true emotion through the story he tells and the comedic timing he holds throughout his monologues is such an attractive quality. He's a likable, joyful, dignified man and he is definitely one of my favorite leads in any musical I've seen.
- •Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)This is an obvious choice. He's a powerful lead with a heart of pure gold. Rising up from his dark past, Jean Valjean is the definition of "light at the end of the tunnel".
- •Alexander Hamilton (Hamilton)Can someone say "Hip-Hopera" (patent pending)? An American hero thrown into a historically accurate modern retelling of American history? I think yes. Easily one of my favorite musicals and favorite characters in a musical. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a gift unto us all and I will continue to praise his talented presence until the day I die.