Things your asshole "movie buff" friend says
I love movies. I do nothing but write, and shoot my own short films that may or may not ever be released or even reach a rough concept. I live and breathe movies. Most of my friends love movies but some not as much as I do. And thus was the idea for this list. I present, the most cliche things your movie buff friend will say to you more than once.
- •"Tarantino copied Scorsese"Yes. I know. Stop talking and let me enjoy senseless speech like a normal person.
- •"Ezekiel 25:17"Blessed is he who, in The name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of— OKAY OKAY OKAY.
- •"Have you seem The Godfather?"How did this get brought up again?
- •"The more I watch the prequels, the more I realize… George Lucas was an idiot!"Of course he was. You think he put in Jar-Jar because he thought he was vital to the story?
- •"I'd like to see you try to make a movie better than Michael Bay's movies."Well if I had access to millions of dollars, a skilled special effects team, and a contractual obligation to put Mark Wahlberg and (god forbid) Megan Fox in anything I do, then maybe I would.