Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Snow Crash - Neal StephensonI read this when it came out in the 90s. I was still in grade school. Stephenson's dystopian future seemed plausible and scary. It opened my mind to ways of thinking I had never considered before. From the detailed description to what he believes the internet will evolve to a hidden glass knife to get through airport security. The book was filled with interesting concepts.
- •George's Marvelous Medicine - Roald DahlI loved all of Roald Dahl's books growing up but George's Marvelous Medicine always stuck out to me. It's not a particularly long or complex story. It's just creative and fun. The idea of mixing a bunch of nonsense together to make a potion with unexpected magical reactions was fun for me.
- •LSD Psychotherapy - Stanislov GrofThis is a piece of nonfiction that is a summary of Grof's work on intense Psychotherapy paired with large doses of LSD during the short time it was legal. It's fascinating how well the combination of the drug and a professional guide to help people come to terms with issues they may be avoiding. For example it was particularly good at helping drug addicts and alcoholics confront their addiction and seek treatment. Many of whom had recovered indefinitely.
I'm sure out of context some of these could be pretty interesting.
- •Typical work nightI'm a DJ for a living. This photo was taken at Duffy's in Chicago the last time I played there
- •Good bookI took a photo of this book to recommend to a friend. It's part 1 in a 2 part series about the Giallo film genre. I still need to pick up part 2.
- •Fake babyI'm currently in pre production for a short film I co-wrote and will be directing. I need a dead baby prop for the movie. Marcus Koch (the fx legend) sent me this as an example of what he'll be making for my film
I'm an avid collector of films, particularly cult and horror. These are the last 5 gems I've acquired.
- •Bride of Re-Animator - Arrow VideoI'm a nut for Arrow and their love of the cult films. This is another special edition DVD/Blu Ray combo that comes with 2 versions of the film: R-Rated and the new Unrated, as well as a prequel comic book and oodles of special features. This limited run is currently OOP despite having just come out
- •Blood Feast 2 - Arrow VideoFinding an uncut version of this film in the US has become difficult and the company that released it doesn't have nearly the features of Arrow's release. It also comes with a great poster. The downside, this is region 2/B and requires a multi region DVD player
- •The Case of the Scorpion's Tail - No ShameThis Sergio Martino classic is an absolute must for any collector of the Giallo genre. The dvd is light on features but this OOP gem is the only copy available in a DVD or Blu Ray format. Simply put, if you wanna watch this, you have to track down a copy of this edition.