A collection of my 'wacky' thoughts, findings, and anything I find interesting throughout the week, posted every Wednesday. Named after the Dr. Seuss book. Also just kind of a wacky guy.
- •Song on repeat: "Gold Rays" by Vinyl Pinups. Heard this one in Voodoo Doughnuts Taipei. Playlist so good I had to ask what it was. Indie Rock 8 Tracks.
- •What I'm reading: Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling for the April 2016 movie directed by Jon Favreau. Kipling is also a major literary figure in the British Empire, which I'm interested in.
- •Podcast I enjoyed: Will MacAskill on The Tim Ferriss Show. 28 years old, and already a tenured Philosophy professor at Oxford. One topic covered that stands out is charities and charitable giving. I have given money to different charities, and hope to give more in the future. He provides advice and resources to ensure you have the maximum impact.
- •New place: Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei. Most interesting exhibitions include the first and last ever Morse Code messages sent and 'Oxymoron' by Lu Zheng-yuan.
- •Fascinating article I read: How Japan Copied American Culture and Made It Better. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/how-japan-copied-american-culture-and-made-it-better-180950189/