Already on li.st? Open in app.
Concerned by the impact of a certain Infamous bearer of the name, let's take a minute to remember all the good Donalds. #makeDonaldgreatagain
- 5.Donald SutherlandSlightly miscast perhaps but he'll always be Mr Bennet to me. "I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy." 😘
- 4.Donald (Pitch Perfect)I ship Donald + Lily. Fun fact: Donald is portrayed by the actor Utkarsh Ambudkar, who also plays Mindy's little brother on The @mindy Project
- 3.Don DraperHe goes by Don but we'll let him off - a complex (and dreamy) Donald.
Cataloging my slide into irrelevance. Maybe because I've been working overseas the last few years..but actually probably because I'm just not down with the kids anymore - and hey, maybe I'm ok with that
- •SnapchatI still primarily associate this platform with ppl sending self-destructing sex pics, yet I keep seeing big businesses telling me to follow them on there. This confuses/alarms me.
- •The KardashiansSomehow I've never seen an episode, which feels like an increasing rarity in today's world.
In honour of #blizzard2016 these are some of my favourite wintry reads....
- 1.Caribou Island by David VannThe bitter chill of Alaskan winter depicted in this brilliant novel will give you shivers however well wrapped-up you are. A gripping psychological roller coaster of a book.
- 2.Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter HøegProbably the most detailed descriptions of types of snow you will ever read, as snow-expert Smila tries to piece together what happened to her young neighbour. Set in Denmark and Greenland.
- 3.The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C S LewisA warming winter read that's well worth revisiting. This could actually be read in one (glorious) snow day.
- •My birthday
- •Netflix premiere of 'Love' (starring @gillianjacobs!)
- •Cusp of Aquarius and Pisces
Tried to cover the full stages of love and limited myself (painfully) to 10.
- 1.'I saw the light' - Todd RundgrenI love the reluctant voice in this song as he realises he's fallen for her. Feels very real and surprisingly tender at the end.
- 2.'God only knows' - The Beach BoysThat first line 'I may not always love you...' toys with us before reassuring 'but as long as there are stars above you...'
- 3.'I'm a believer' - The MonkeesNot only the lyrics but the music itself captures that irrepressible joy of being in love, every time they sing the chorus.
Londoner here and repeat NYC tourist. These are three you might otherwise miss.
- •The Tenement Museum in the Lower East SideOh how I love this place. Educates you on the immigrant experience over the city's evolution but does so by telling the stories of the people who once lived in the tenement building. Storytelling at its best. Also ace gift shop.
- •The Ukrainian MuseumA weird and wonderful guidebook directed me here a few years ago. I was the sole visitor for the hour I was there and they assumed I was Ukrainian. They treated me like a queen and made me sign up to their mailing list where I receive on average 2 emails a week about Ukrainian happenings in the city.
- •El museo del barrioWonderful find not too far from Central Park, devoted to 'Latino culture in the Americas'. Well worth a visit.
This was tough you guys.
- 1.PaddingtonNumber one spot because of his superb sense of style, his powerful immigrant story, and the hilarious books he appears in. Also he's voiced by Ben Whishaw in the film, who I ❤️more than marmalade sandwiches.
- 2.RupertLook how natty that scarf and checked pants combo is!! Also I think Rupe is severely under-rated. Props to Rupert Friend for repping him on Twitter.
- 3.Iorek ByrnisonLook at that roar. Nuff said. You'd want the other bears as friends but Iorek's got your back when the fur starts flying.
My Dad's been in hospital for surgery and is coming out today - he's fine but very thin (he has one of those metabolisms celebrities pretend to have) and we want to make sure he puts on, or at least doesn't lose weight. What kinds of food appeal to you when you're sick, or have you successfully given to people? 🍵🍚