FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S STORMS IN DALLAS
Here's what's happened and what you can expect as the rain continues to pour over the D-FW area over the weekend.
- 1.We've already seen over 5 inches of rain in some spots.Dallas Love Field recorded 5.49 inches of rainfall early Friday evening. D/FW Airport was a little behind with 4.60 inches. (📷: Nathan Hunsinger/DMN) http://d-news.co/TMIyC
- 2.We're expecting another 2-4 inches.A cold front pushing through North Texas is converging with moisture from the record-breaking Hurricane Patricia, and a strong southeast wind is pumping in more Gulf moisture. Things will start to dry up Sunday at the earliest. (📷: Ashley Landis/DMN) http://d-news.co/TMIzR
- 3.Dallas police have fielded 2 dozen water rescuesThat number stretches back to midnight Thursday. Fortunately no injuries have been reported. (📷: Ashley Landis/DMN) http://d-news.co/TMIBn
- 4.Rains may have aided in a parking garage collapse.A hole broke through all seven floors of the residential garage on Turtle Creek Boulevard. The break occurred near a pile of building materials (dirt, bricks) and may have gotten too heavy to hold as the rain poured. No injuries were reported after initial rescue team searches. (📷: Chris Jose/NBC5) http://d-news.co/TMIEN
- 5.At least Monday looks rain-freeBut there's a 40% shot at another round Tuesday and again next Friday. (📷: Ashley Landis/DMN)