MY FAVSIES HOUSTON RESTAURANTS
Being a native Houstonian, I'm asked this question frequently. My apologies in advance, as most of these are within a five mile radius of my house.
- •Liberty KitchenGigantic menu and it's all amazing. Oysters are a must.
- •EscalantesDelicious Mexican food with a little jazzier atmosphere than most places. In Highland Village.
- •Coppa OysteriaWonderful Italian. Hard to go wrong. Great atmosphere. Somehow draws both the date night crowd and the family crowd. I think there's more than one but the one in West U is great.
- •Tiny BoxwoodGo for brunch. Arrive early. Order a cookie and a white wine mojito with your food. Sit by a window. Enjoy.
- •OuisiesSouthern. Makes you feel like you're in someone's home. Great dinner spot, especially for women.
- •Common BondBrunch! Get the egg sandwich. They make wonderful croissants and beautifully poured lattes
- •Brasserie 19Hip, yummy restaurant in River Oaks Village. If you're brave, order the bone marrow.
- •Avalon DinerClassic River Oaks brunch/lunch diner. You'll see folks who have worked there and eaten there for fifty years.
- •Ruggles BlackMy new favorite spot. Crab tower, goat cheese salad, street tacos, shrimp egg rolls. You can't go wrong.
- •The Breakfast KlubAnother new favorite! Get there early. Otherwise the line snakes through the parking lot. Order the chicken and waffles and some cheese grits. It's unhealthy and you won't regret it.